You've been given the gift of adventure!
Treasure Hunt Bath is a puzzle walking adventure around the city.
About the game
Bath has been a destination for wellbeing and relaxation since ancient Roman Times. The city is rich in history and heritage and this game is going to show you the best of it!
It’s perfect for an afternoon out, especially with a few drinks along the way.
Starting at the magnificent Bath Abbey, you’ll wander along stunning streets, passing beautiful Georgian houses, stunning spas and roman ruins.
By searching for clues across the city, you’ll discover hidden treasure you never knew existed!
What you’ll do
You’ll be led around the city by Captain Bess, a snarky pirate who’s testing out new recruits to join her ship!
Bess will send a series of maps, clues and directions. You follow the map and solve the clue by searching your
surroundings. When you get the right answer, you’ll move on to the next place.
Don’t worry, if you get stuck you can ask for a hint and Bess’ll get you on your way!
What you’ll see
Along the way you’ll see lots of sights and Bess will tell you some fun facts about some of them. It’s a perfect way
of discovering things you might want to come back to.
- Bath Abbey - the awe-inspiring former Benedictine monastery
- Parade Gardens - formerly an orchard belonging to Bath Abbey, these delightful gardens offer the perfect place for a stroll.
- Pulteney Bridge - built in 1769, this bridge incorporates shops and spans the River Avon. It’s one of Bath’s most famous sights!
- The Corridor - one of the world’s earliest retail arcades, following in the steps of the fashionable arcades of Paris and London.
- The Assembly Rooms - these magnificent rooms were built in the 18th century as a new venue for balls, concerts and card games. Today, this beautiful building is run by the National Trust and home to the Fashion Museum.
- The Circus - A circle of magnificent Georgian Houses surrounding a cluster of huge plane trees.
- Royal Crescent - an impressive terrace of 30 Grade 1 Listed Georgian houses laid out in a sweeping crescent overlooking Royal Victoria Park.
- Theatre Royal - Bath’s historic and beautifully renovated theatre offers a fantastic programme of drama, opera, comedy and dance.
- Thermae Bath Spa - Britain’s only naturally warm, mineral-rich waters mean you can bathe as the Romans did over 2,000 years ago!
- The Roman Baths - once part of day-to-day life in Ancient Rome, these wonderfully preserved Roman remains will transport you back in time to understand how people lived in the town of Aquae Sulis!
What else you should know
- Take your time—it’s more enjoyable to see everything at your own pace. There's a scheduled
break around half-way, but you can take your own breaks if you prefer.
- Aim to finish before sunset—it's near impossible to find clues in the dark! Check
the sunset time
- You can play in 2 parts—if it suits your plans, you can pause the game and come back after lunch
or even the next day.
- Bess will be scoring you! Your score is the number of clues you got right first time, without a
hint. The score is only for your satisfaction, so don’t struggle needlessly!
How the game works
The game works a bit like a WhatsApp group, but on a web page instead. You don’t need to download anything and it
doesn’t need any permissions.
Before you’re due to start, we’ll send you a link to the game. Open the link to join the game and share it with your
team so they can join too.
Once you’re ready, Captain Bess will tell you what to do next.
What to bring
- Smartphones with mobile data and full batteries. (It’s OK to share, but it works better if everyone has their own
- Shoes for walking 2 miles.
- Waterproofs in case of bad weather.
- Wit, cunning and an adventurous spirit!
We've designed the game to be step-free around the whole route. The recommended
pubs at half-way and at the end of the game have step-free front access and an
However, we are currently looking for wheelchair users to play-test the game
before we call it "wheelchair friendly".
If you'd like to test the game, please get in touch!